I've always been a believer that God gives a special intuition to mothers and this afternoon that belief was reinforced.
James, Will and I picked up "Mimi's" van for her from the dealership this afternoon and headed south to deliver the good-as-new vehicle. As James headed out of the customer parking lot and I out of the repair lot, a terrible feeling came over me. So I simply prayed, asking God to protect James and Will. As I finished this prayer, I came over a hill only to spot an accident - that involved a silver Honda Civic that sported a bumper sticker just like mine - my heart sank. As I got a little closer adrenaline pumped through my body, making it difficult to find the hazards on mom's van, much less get the keys out of the ignition.
Luckily, for lack of a better word that gives credit where I believe it is due, the wreck didn't look too serious, but from the mother of a three-month old, that offered little reassurance. After fooling with the keys in the ignition for what seemed like a whole minute, I got the reassurance I needed: Will and James were fine.
I vow to never forget the feeling that came over me in that moment. Tonight I go to bed with a little more appreciation for my family than I woke up with this morning. Thank you, God, for protecting James and Will this afternoon and for giving mothers a very special intuition that may not be able to be explained, but certainly cannot be explained away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment