It's official. I've become one of those moms. Ya know, the kind who videotapes her kid sleeping because she thinks it's SO CUTE. Want proof? The videos are uploaded to the blog. See below and make sure you have your sound on. Will basically came out of the womb making these sounds and still occasionally makes them when he's sleeping. Adorable!
And to so many of you who encouraged me that I really would be able to clean up my child's messes - regardless of which particular orifice they came out of - you were right.
Specifically, to my mom, who said my child's snot wouldn't make me gag - it's true. Will has his first cold right now and not only have I been wiping his nose often, I've used the nasal aspirator, too. I'm pretty sure I used to swear I would never use this device. Something to the effect of "my kid's will have to deal with a stuffy nose." But now that he's here I would give my right arm to make his life a little easier.
And to my sister, Sarah, who said I would be able to wipe Will's eye boogers without wearing latex gloves - I am happy to report I can.
And to my cousin, Jason, who said my pets would soon learn their real place in our house after having a baby - you're absolutely right. I still love the four-legged children, but it doesn't compare to the love I have for the baby. I used to walk into the house from a long day at work and give the puppy kisses. Now I walk in and only think of the puppy as being "in the way" as I try to get to the baby as soon as humanly possible. Yes, I do say hi to him and the kitty children, too, but only after seeing my number one little guy.
I guess the pets will have to get used to being knocked down a notch on the totem pole.
No comments:
Post a Comment