Many thanks to my colleagues for the wonderful baby shower yesterday! I work with a great team of people who are so very kind and generous. Let me give you a glimpse into just how kind they have been…
During the first trimester they
showed nothing but sympathy as I ran to the bathroom to lose breakfast, lunch, snacks, Gatorade and the many other things Baby Will rejected. Patrick was so sweet and kind to begin throwing his bananas away in the kitchen trashcan, vs. his desk trashcan, after learning of my aversion to the sight and smell of my former favorite fruit (see FAQ entry from 12/17/08). On bad days Steve sometimes even resisted giving me a hard time (probably out of fear I’d start crying and wouldn’t be able to stop). Lauren, our Branch Chief, remained flexible and empathetic on the days I needed to leave early or come in late due to appointments or losing breakfast before actually getting to work.
The second trimester everyone was nice enough to listen to me gush over our sonogram that showed our baby with all his boy “parts” and to celebrate all the newness of kicks and squirms. Throughout everything, Mohammad’s kept me laughing and is convinced he has psychic powers because he was the first to correctly predict this baby’s gender.
The third trimester my colleagues have avoided making fun of me for wearing shoes without socks – even during rain and snow – because my ankles are too swollen for any “extraneous” layers (okay, so maybe they’re not avoiding making fun of me, but at least they’re not doing it to my face, which is good enough for me : ) Shelly’s been too kind to provide an endless supply of M&M’s, which are so addictive I’m convinced they’re laced with cocaine. Sheri, Shari & Valerie have been some of the best girlfriends and girl can have, putting up with everything from venting about my wonderful husband to laughing over the latest things I’ve cried about (sometimes you just need perspective!).
Shellie’s been patient as I’ve become a slow walker and ran a little late to meetings this week. Jason’s been great for laughing off a pregnancy-brain incident that involved overlooking numerous worksheets in an Excel spreadsheet. Brenda’s become my work mom, worrying about me lifting too much at the beginning and walking in the ice and snow throughout the winter.
I think I’m the one who should’ve thrown them a party to say Thank You for putting up with everything – you guys are the best!
During the first trimester they
The second trimester everyone was nice enough to listen to me gush over our sonogram that showed our baby with all his boy “parts” and to celebrate all the newness of kicks and squirms. Throughout everything, Mohammad’s kept me laughing and is convinced he has psychic powers because he was the first to correctly predict this baby’s gender.
The third trimester my colleagues have avoided making fun of me for wearing shoes without socks – even during rain and snow – because my ankles are too swollen for any “extraneous” layers (okay, so maybe they’re not avoiding making fun of me, but at least they’re not doing it to my face, which is good enough for me : ) Shelly’s been too kind to provide an endless supply of M&M’s, which are so addictive I’m convinced they’re laced with cocaine. Sheri, Shari & Valerie have been some of the best girlfriends and girl can have, putting up with everything from venting about my wonderful husband to laughing over the latest things I’ve cried about (sometimes you just need perspective!).
Shellie’s been patient as I’ve become a slow walker and ran a little late to meetings this week. Jason’s been great for laughing off a pregnancy-brain incident that involved overlooking numerous worksheets in an Excel spreadsheet. Brenda’s become my work mom, worrying about me lifting too much at the beginning and walking in the ice and snow throughout the winter.
I think I’m the one who should’ve thrown them a party to say Thank You for putting up with everything – you guys are the best!
No comments:
Post a Comment