Today is the last day of February, which means we are due seven weeks from tomorrow. You know what they say - time flies when you're having fun! Although pregnancy hasn't been all fun and games, there have been plenty of laughs. Take today, for instance. In Kansas City there are three or four inches of snow on the ground and it's well below freezing. So, what are we going to do to keep ourselves busy, you ask? Well, The Papa is busy smoking a pork shoulder. Yes, you read that right and below are pictures to prove it. Why should a little snow keep a guy from his favorite outdoor hobby? "It shouldn't," The Papa responds. For anyone who might be thinking "Good Lord, just throw the pork in the crockpot and be done with it." Don't bother. I tried to have this conversation this morning, to no avail (remember: there are pictures). "It's not the same," I was told.
So I guess I better get used to this and many more of these conversations that end with "you just don't understand" because I'm soon to be outnumbered. The Papa will soon have strength in numbers as he teaches his son the value of keeping his word to the guy pals who nominated him to spend his Saturday with his favorite hobby.
Here's to you, Uncles Zach and Brandon, who are sure to appreciate and understand this far more than Baby Mama:


No comments:
Post a Comment