Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My Better Half

It's week 15, which means we are into our second trimester and loving being pregnant more than ever! The morning sickness has subsided and some energy has returned. The latter of which is relative : )

My friends have been great, especially lately, and I want to say a few special thank you's to them. First of all, to Becky (my neighbor) who told me the other day I have that pregnancy glow. Wow - what a compliment! Up to that moment, I was pretty sure the pregnancy glow fairy had skipped right over me.

Also, thanks to my chiropractor who asked if I had lost weight. The answer is (or at least it was) a resounding yes, many thanks to the first trimester morning sickness.

Thanks to Jessica at work, who today told me I look "so cute." I've said this to many pregnant women in my life, but it's so different when you're the one enduring your clothes not fitting and seeing your body changing so much. I don't feel cute, but Jessica, you still made my day!

Last, but certainly not least, I want to publicly thank my wonderful husband for being so supportive, even when I'm a little pscyho and emotionally unstable. He's been absolutely great and I encourage him to teach a Husband 101 class. Not once has he invalidated my emotions...when I get upset because I didn't get the popcorn popped just right, he tells me it's all going to be okay and refrains from blaming meltdowns on the hormones. He tells me I look good, even when I know I don't. He's patient when we're out running errands and I have to pee, again. But most of all, he has been so involved in this pregnancy. He's been to all of our doctor appointments, cried with me when we first saw our baby in the ultrasound, has kept up on the baby's growth in our week-by-week pregnancy newsletters and has developed immense faith through all of our worries. He's prayed for the health of this pregnancy and this baby numerous times, for which I'm so grateful.

James, you are my better half. I'll love you for forever and a day.

No comments: