As the holidays came and went, I kept thinking about having an 8-month old baby during the next holiday season. Wow – that’s overwhelming! It was also a little reassuring because all the things I’m anxious about now – labor, delivery, and all the details in between – will be over.
James asked me last night if I’m enjoying being pregnant and I have to say yes, I am very much enjoying being pregnant right now. In fact, I wish I could just have this child live in me for a long time and skip the labor and delivery! In all seriousness, I love feeling and seeing the baby move. It’s such a miracle! The first trimester was disappointing because I wanted to love being pregnant but I was too sick to even like it. Now that I have a little more energy and can actually keep food and liquids down, it’s been great to really focus on the baby.
Speaking of our little miracle, he must know I’m “talking” about him because he just started moving. It’s funny because he has these little routines of being awake and active. Each morning I’m usually at my desk from about 8 to 9 or 10 checking emails and catching up on other computer stuff. He gets really active! In the afternoons he doesn’t come out to play much, but then in the evenings after dinner and errands (again, between 8 and 10’ish) he gets active. I know I've said miracle a lot on this blog, but there's no better word to describe what's happening. A baby truly is miraculous!
1 comment:
Being pregnant is a wonderful feeling and is a miracle of how your body changes and how you can feel all the movements. I know you all feel truly blessed to be experiencing such an event. I wish you all the best and pleas post pictures soon after birth so that we (your friends and family) can enjoy with you. Yours Truly, Christine Grant (Commerce Bank friend and family)
Post a Comment