Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Seventh Inning Stretch

Okay, so I’m not the world’s biggest baseball fan, but the analogy works for pregnancy. Allow me to demonstrate…

This is the top of the seventh inning (beginning of the seventh month, week 28). For anyone’s who has ever been to a T-Bones game (Kansas City’s minor league team), you know they always have a seventh-inning strrrrrech. Well, this month things are certainly beginning to stretch in my body. I have a nearly-constant pain in my right side that my doc says is something being stretched. Probably won’t go away until the baby drops, or shall I say, bottom of the ninth. Ugh!

Other than that, which is nothing, really, the pregnancy is going great. The baby’s heart beat is perfect, the mommy’s blood pressure and weight gain are good and the papa is doing a great job taking care of us! Sleeping could be a little better, but that has more to do with a certain cat that’s getting ready to get locked in the basement at night. I love having him upstairs with us because he’s cute and cuddly, but in a few months the last thing we’ll all need is a four-legged child to wake us up because it’s play time.

Stay tuned for future updates, which will focus on “What’s In a Name?,” “Trying Not to Break the Baby,” and “The Nursery.”

No comments: