Thursday, November 20, 2008

Help If You Can (un-baby-related)

Okay, I know this is a blog about Our Little Spud, but I need to cry out for help in every avenue possible right now. I just got a message from The Pet Connection, my favorite no-kill animal shelter, that $4,000 worth of their supplies were stolen last night. They are in desperate need of donations right now to make up for it. The supplies were going to be used to rescue an additional 15-40 pets each month, most of whom are scheduled to be euthanized for space considerations at other shelters.

I know first hand times are tough right now and I understand if you're not able to give, but if you are, please consider doing so at this time. Small gifts - $5-$10 - will help immensely. For many of us, that's means doing without a Starbuck's treat one morning. For TPC, it means lives are being saved right here in our community. I'm not trying to be dramatic and I know this sounds cliche, but this is the fact of the matter.

You can learn more about this fantastic facility by visiting their website: http://www.thepetconnection.net/.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Ami

No comments: